50 Shades of Grey

20.7.15


wearing: EBAY jumper | H&M skirt | NEW LOOK boots | CHANEL bag | DAY & NIGHT necklace

Just a second ago, I was researching and brainstorming regarding the topic I will be writing in this post. So I Googled "Fashion + Grey", and the very first link that came up was Anastasia Steele's outfit compilation on Pinterest, which is not exactly the type of ideas I am looking for. Nowadays, the word "Grey" is most likely to be associated with E L James' recent (and only) sensation. Perhaps I should write Gray instead.

I can't help but to deviate towards darker colours in the cold, and this time around, I decided to dive back into monochromatic looks. I had a prolonged obsession in the previous years, but that was more towards the combination of black and white. Currently, I am loving to dress in one colour but incorporating different shades into an outfit. This is also defined as monochrome and here are some tips and tricks.

Monochrome can be utilised as a styling technique that is beneficial for petites as the outfit can give a longer and taller look. Dark colours are the most appropriate for it as they recede, thus making the wearer look leaner and hence taller. Black is probably the colour that comes to mind for most people, but consider other colours such as navy, burgundy or charcoal in my case. I mixed different shades of black/charcoal as well as textures to make the outfit look more interesting and fresh. So some ripped knits and felt for the top, pleather and suede-like material for the bottoms. And as for the result, I can easily say that it is far from boring. 



xoxo, ET

3 comments

thanx for reading/visitting my blog
any comments? :)
xoxo

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It