When I Met You in the Summer

22.12.14

wearing: YOUNG HUNGRY FREE top and skirt | RUBI bag, shoes and sunglasses | DAY & NIGHT necklaces (blue and clear), bracelets and rings

Although summer technically has started nearly a month ago now, it's only until now that Melbourne truly feels like summer with clear skies, pinky/purply sunsets and dry hot weather. With every season there comes a list of essentials for us to get ready to face the sun and cope with the natural condition. 

1. To no surprise, Sunglasses will always make it to the summer essentials list. Whenever the sun shines brightly, one will naturally reach for these to protect the eye. On the plus side, they complete the outfit and make you feel confident. Since my face is on the wider side, I require something that is also quite big and wide to give the illusion of a narrower face. That's why these sunglasses from Rubi is the perfect choice (Ps: I have 2 pairs exactly the same in different colours).

2. Instead of looking kind of sloppy by wearing thongs (yes Australians call it thongs instead of flip flops), I choose a pair of comfortable wedges instead. Don't get me wrong, I love thongs because it's easy and super comfy. However, there is a reason why you will be turned down if you are wearing a pair of Havaianas to a bar. There is no such thing as a a dressy flip flop, regardless how fancy and how many sequins are on it. An alternative is for example, is this pair of nude wedges from Rubi. The main reason why I love this is that it feels like wearing a flatform. It's comfortable but at the same time still provides me with the extra height I require. The open toe and T-Bar design gives room for your feet to breathe as well,

3. When the temperature is high, I like my hands to be free so I can use one to hold a cup of refreshing beverage and the other to hold some sort of fan to cool off and avoid sweat dripping down my face. That's why a cross-body bag is on this list, especially a bucket bag since it can fit a lot and easy to close. 


xoxo, ET

7 comments

  1. you look gorgeous :)
    lovely skirt btw! <3

    cheer, michelle ~ http://livedreammagic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely outfit

    xx
    rimatambunan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE RUBI! You look so fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm obsessed these sunnies! they look so expensive! I cant believe its RUBI ! Christmas is done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love RUBI SHOES!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanx for reading/visitting my blog
any comments? :)
xoxo

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It