BLUES CLUES - How to: Thigh High Boots

4.6.14

wearing: MISS SHOP dress & hat & lipstick | NEW LOOK boots | PRADA bag

Those of you (like me) who are currently residing in the land down under, can finally embrace 2013 Fall trends. After drooling over these that made a huge appearance last year at Top Designers' shows such as Chanel, Chloe and many more, it is time for us to strut in these thigh-high boots. 
When it comes to thigh-highs, all glory goes to Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. But obviously, we don't want to be mistaken as hookers, so here are a few tips and tricks of how to style thigh-high boots.

#1 Thigh high boots inevitably provide a dash of sexiness to an outfit and because of this, we can pair it with loose clothes to balance it out. Always remember the number one fashion rule: "opposites attract". Another alternative is to add volume to the top part of your body. Try layering with a jacket or a thick scarf... or if you are feeling feminine, wear a skater skirt. 
#2 I personally prefer black thigh-high boots since it can elongate your legs.

#3 If you do not own a pair and would like to try the trend, you can always just use your black knee-high boots and pair it with black thigh-high socks. You can save money and have the illusions of having thigh-high boots. Win win. 

xoxo, ET

13 comments

  1. Dear, found your blog randomly and I’d like to say it’s fabulous! You have amazing photos & style! Everything is perfect!

    will be happy if you’ll find a minute to visit my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the knee high boots! I've got two pairs myself and I'm thinking they both have to go as I am about to head off on my OE, I'm sure I can find some new ones in London though ;) Thanks for visiting my blog, hope to see you again soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look sophisticated with this look! the boots are just perf :D

    cheer, michelle
    http://livedreammagic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh ur so sweet! thanks you! it's probably quite rare for my look to be sophisticated hahahaa
      xx

      Delete
  4. SUPER LOVE THE OUTFIT :)
    anyway, would you like to follow each other on gfc/bloglovin and instagram?

    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS
    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS PAGE
    INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've followed u on instagram! I can't find your bloglovin link tho :(
      xx

      Delete
  5. Love it! I never know how to wear thigh high boots but you make it look so easy! xx
    Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been experimenting and researching Rena! U should try it sometime, it's a great wardrobe staple! :D
      xx

      Delete
  6. Nice hat !

    http://the-flying-girl.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thigh high boots win at life. ♥

    www.ourownkind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thanx for reading/visitting my blog
any comments? :)
xoxo

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It