Checkmate I

10.3.14

Plaid is a timeless classic pattern and has always been a favourite. It conjures images of that 90s rocker-chic and punk era, where people weren't shy to make strong style statements through their attire. Plaid is definitely back and more powerful than ever. 
There are so many ways you can style a plaid shirt. It's a fashionable and functional item every wardrobe needs this fall for layering, having that effortless look and giving your body that extra insulation. This week I picked a checkered monochrome shirt, from Material World by Madonna which is available at Myer Miss Shop, and put together 3 different outfits.

 wearing: MISS SHOP shirt | AMERICAN APPAREL disco pants | GIVENCHY antigona bag | H&M necklace & earrings | RUBI sunglasses | shoes from Taipei

For the first outfit I decided wear this shirt as it is, making it the highlight of the outfit. Plaid prints can make quite a strong statement, especially when worn as a block (meaning as a bottom or a top). Therefore I wanted to pair it with something simple to complement it; and what's more simpler than a pair of tight black pants? The shirt also has an oversized fit and this is another reason why I chose something that is tight fitting to pair it with, so that I don't lose my figure. Opposites attract. These pants are another wardrobe staple of mine. What I love most about it is that it's made out of soft material for comfort and it's high-waisted to give the illusion of longer and skinnier legs.

xoxo, ET

6 comments

  1. I'm soo in love with your outfit!! <3


    www.neonflazh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, your Lookbook page linked me here :D Great style, do you know The Clothes Encounter in Youtube? You may like her style as well, it's quite similar ^^

    http://modemoiselle.tk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog :)
    I follow you and I hope you can follow me back :)
    Kisses
    http://chic-and-everything.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLO

    my name is Antonio and I'm Italian

    You are so sweety and beautiful

    I hope you like PLAID / TARTAN / GINGHAM shirts.

    I have a great passion for plaid shirts since I was little .
    Just like some collect stamps or coins I like to collect pictures of people in plaid shirts .

    So COULD YOU TAKE SOME PHOTOS FOR ME WEARING AS MANY PLAID SHIRTS POSSIBLE?

    I have a private collection of WOMEN and people in PLAID SHIRTS on this website www.FLICKR.COM I also leave you the link if you want to browse .. ok ?

    Will be fine also photos with friends, family, etc.
    The importance it's wearing PLAIDS .. ok?



    PICTURES will never be published except for your ASKING

    That's the link below in wich you could see some photos related of my passion of PLAID:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/36248663 @ N00 /


    ANY way , thanks

    I hope that I have not caused any discomfort or inconvenience

    thank you very much

    my mail is:

    antonio.drum@email.it

    Antonio ;=)
















    ReplyDelete

thanx for reading/visitting my blog
any comments? :)
xoxo

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It