Bohemian Summer

29.11.13

wearing: hat MISS SHOP | dress MISS SHOP | vest SUPRE | boots JEFFREY CAMPBELL | necklace ALICE EUPHEMIA | bag MIMCO | sunglasses ALIEXPRESS

I decided to take half a day off work to enjoy a 30 degree Melbourne day with a Japanese themed picnic. I bought and prepared some kingfish and tuna sashimi, salad with sesame dressing and seaweed/tuna mayo salad. A picnic would not be complete without sweets, so for something easy yet still delicious, I chose this cute strawberry flavoured pocky.
The Botanical Garden is such a pretty place, definitely one of my favourite spots in Melbourne. It's full of hidden gems, like this super gorgeous rose pavilion. It would be a crime if I didn't use this setting as my background.
If you have read my "Bread and Butter loves Miss Shop" post, then you would have seen this amazing lace dress from Miss Shop features on that post. Last week I was lucky enough to have been able to visit the Miss Shop HQ at the Myer head office. I got to choose some pieces from their S/S media showing and this dress + tan wide-brim hat are some pieces I chose. This lace dress is a summer wardrobe essential due to its versatility. Put on a different colour undergarment and voila... a completely different look. When I saw this dress, I instantly thought of those bohemian festival days, the country (like cowgirls) and summer. So i decided to pair it with some leather boots, a denim vest and a very hippie/bohemian necklace. All these pieces combined just radiate that earthy and summer vibe. Unfortunately this year I have to give Australian summer a miss since I will be travelling overseas to Indo, Singapore and Hong Kong! So excited for my trip, only 2 weeks to go until I finish my placement (i.e. uni completely) and my plane leaves on that same night. 

ps: enjoy the weekend guys! 
xoxo, ET




16 comments

  1. What a great look. :)

    Visit my blog: I AM JENNIYA
    P.S. I have 2 Giveaways on-going now sponsored by OASAP & RoseWholesale. Click H E R E to join.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so lovely! <3 You are pretty and the picnic looks so yummy :)

    Picture Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this look, so girly and your shoes are too die for! :D
    the picnic looks so sweet :)

    -cheer, michelle
    Join my giveaway open internationally:
    http://livedreammagic.blogspot.com/2013/11/ghetto-x-dresslily-giveaway-d.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. your picnic basket is by far the cutest I've ever seen :) and the food looks so healthy and yummy :)
    love the dress you have on x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this outfit! especially the white dress :) You look gorgeous dear! <3
    New follower here.

    xoxo,
    .never settle for less.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg need them jc's! are they comfortable?

    xx

    eviesstyle




    ReplyDelete
  7. cute outfit! and your blog is awesome by the way! just book marked it.

    would love you to give me some advice on my blog
    www.stonefoxinterrupted.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! ♡
    Great pics, you look so nice, love the dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Babee <3

    http://www.furandbomb.net/

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOOW amazinggg <3 lovely pictures
    Love the outfit! boots are soo pretty :)
    I'm following your blog!

    Ivana
    http://www.the-closet.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute bohemian look :) totally suits the season & your picnic time looks super fun ;)

    x
    sartob

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolutely in love with this post! such a babe!

    wawachunks.com

    ReplyDelete

thanx for reading/visitting my blog
any comments? :)
xoxo

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It