Pervert Passing des Jointdown

27.8.13

wearing: AMERICAN APPAREL disco pants | GIVENCHY t-shirt and bag | TOPSHOP coat | ALIEXPRESS sandals | BURBERRY scarf 

Sydney was simply a bliss. I didn't do too much touristy stuff (i.e. opera house, bondi beach, etc), but as usual my days were filled with consuming delicious goods. On the first day we went to The Grounds of Alexandria for lunch. To be honest, the food at the restaurant was very average. They were edible but they weren't amazing that I would go back twice for them. However, the atmosphere of the whole place was sensational. It was so beautiful and dreamy, definitely my kind of places. There were carts selling bread, desserts, fresh flowers and bacon and egg rolls. If I was to go back, I would definitely buy more of the strawberry custard tart and berry chocolate custard tart. Anyway, enough of the Grounds. 

Since Easter this year (which was April), I have been wearing a lot of black and white. I thought it's only one of my phases and it would go away. Until now, the monochrome trend still attracts me. My suitcase packed for Sydney contained mostly black and white items except for my undies. Actually, even my bra was monochrome. I guess black and white is such a classic colour combination, easily loved and never grow old 
If you've browsed the internet enough this year, you would have seen the ever so popular fashion team t-shirts or jumpers. "Which team do you go for?" Wang/Dolce/Galliano/Kawabuko/Vuitton. Recently Givenchy released this t-shirt in a similar design to the team ones, except with "pervert" written on it. I understand how some people may think it's outrageous or unacceptable, but I think it's quite funny and cute. Fashion is about being creative while having some fun and this is exactly what Givenchy has done: taking a vulgar/offensive word onto a team t-shirt, instead using their own brand like the others. It's different. It's clever. 
And... with street trend taking over the fashion world, stomping all over designer brands, here's another take of "Comme des Garcons". Instead of the usual "Comme des F*ckdown", it's "Passe des Jointdown". As soon as I saw this on the internet, I knew I had to get it. As much as I love "Comme des F*ckdown", I don't own any of the items. I have thought numerous times to buy either the jumper or t-shirt, but by the time I wanted to add it to my cart, everyone had them.
Similar to Givenchy's pervert top, this "Passe des Jointdown" beanie is just another funny fashionable item that can't be taken seriously. Obviously if you're a real pervert or pothead, you wouldn't want to admit it and tell the whole world about it. So there's no need for outrage and hate towards these humorous pieces. Just embrace creativity. 

ps: sorry for the essay

xoxo, ET

21 comments

  1. I love the Pervert shirts! The beanie is really clever too.
    Loving the Sydney photos too. I have to go an eat all the food one day
    Put The Radio On

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely place! :D
    your pervert tee is so cute, the beanie looks cool and I love your hair its so pretty ^^

    cheer, michelle
    http://livedreammagic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would want some of the yummy fruits tart!
    Your outfit look so chic, I love the beanie! :D

    Google + / Twitter / Bloglovin


    cassandra xx
    http://backtofive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are great! Nice beanie too!

    http://www.whatevereveramen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. in love with this post, and your whole entire blog in general.

    lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your pictures! X
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog appreciate it.
    What can i say? Your food pictures are mouthwatering. I am an eater so i feel really hungry just by looking at your pictures.
    And your shirt... Can i have it? Hahah i love it!!!!!!!! X

    Love always,
    Thatgirl-e.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice pictures
    exitwonds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally awesome disco pants and givenchy bag, love those cute little snaps a lot too <3

    Check out my latest post featuring my short trip in Melbourne:)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous bag! Thank you for your comment! Do you want to follow each other, let me know?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your outfit the tee it´s great and so so so so in love with ur bag!!!!

    i´m your new follower u have a great styleee and this post it´s awesome!!!

    do u want to follow each other??

    http://glameliemiradadeamelie.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  11. so gorgeous! like your bag <3

    www.brenda-lu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. cuuuute!!
    Thank you for visiting my blog!
    Followed you now!! and hope you'd do the same!!

    XX
    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so cute! and the photos are amazing! Love your high waisted disco pants by the way ;)


    xx Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing pictures!
    Superb outfit :)
    Love the givenchy bag <3
    You've got a new follower ;)

    http://stylealamy.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those pastries look so yummy! Love your outfit and bag too. Great blog, now following :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, these are such great photos of your walk down the town! Haha, loooove your cool beanie, the plaid scarf, white platforms, and fun tee. Count me as your newest follower! ;)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the photos, especially the one of the Givenchy bag placed at the end of the long table! Still saving to get my hands on one myself.. xx AtYourHeels

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are lovely photos! Love the look as well (that bag is just gorgeous)!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi beauty, I love your cute blog! You've got the best style and these food photos are making me drool!!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahah love the matching pervert shirts, very sassy. I've never been to sydney but I'd love to one day-- the food looks amazzziing. I don't blame you for spending your time eating :)

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete

thanx for reading/visitting my blog
any comments? :)
xoxo

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It