Monet

14.7.13

wearing: VINTAGE top (mum's) | AMERICAN APPAREL riding pants | VINTAGE  MONET necklace | VINTAGE clip-on earrings 

Last week was the last weekend I had with my mum before she flies off to Indonesia and continue her plane journey to the Northern hemisphere. So I decided to take her to the city and spend the rest of the day there with her and Calvin. Initially we planned to visit Monet's Garden exhibition at NGV but when I said Monet, she thought of the jewelry line Monet, not Claude Monet the french impressionist painter. So she decided to go home and since I've been wanting to pay a visit to NGV, I dragged Calvin along. 
Believe it or not, after spending more than 10 years in Melbourne, this was the first time I visited NGV. The building was breathtaking. The waterfall sandwiched by thick sheets of glasses, the stained glasses with psychedelic pattern covering the roof and the whimsical yet soothing pool of ceramic bowls (I assume it's ceramic) were all very captivating. 

This is what I wore on the day. I really wanted to wear this top my mum bought in Europe and had since forever but still in a very mint condition. The flower petal detailing is beautiful and fabric falls perfectly. It's quite a loose fit so that's why I paired it with my riding pants from American Apparel as opposites attract. Even though it was freezing on the day, I didn't want to cover the top with a thick coat, so I just wore a thermal underneath and wrapped myself with this Burberry scarf because the colour fits in. 

xoxo, ET

13 comments

  1. Absolutely beautiful outfit, your bag makes me drool! *___*

    Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning look! Love your blog <3 Followed with bloglovin and GFC :)

    http://keslytales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice outfit dear! Love it ^^~ Mind to follow each other? :)

    Join my International giveaway with prizes from various brand. Click here ;)
    Cheers,
    Karina Dinda R. ♥
    BLOG | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment back on my blog :)
    Lol at your mum xD I would totally visit that exhibition, since Monet's one of my favorite artists.

    Have a lovely day,
    allthatglittersnotgold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the way you paired your top and your bottom!!

    www.brenda-lu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think the gold necklaces // earrings add a nice touch to the outfit & you look very sophisticated ^_^

    a very loud introvert

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice outfit dear. Love the scarf. :) Thanks for commenting on my blog. I followed you via GFC. Come check my blog and hope you'll follow back. :)

    XX, IamJenniya
    New Post! >> Spend less...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pants and necklace <3
    btw I followed you via gfc. I'll be glade if you do the same.

    keep in touch,
    oniichan-niichan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photos! Love your outfit, the shoes are amazing xx

    http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice simple outfit. super love it!


    http://rebellishoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. the blouse look beautiful!
    XOXO
    Adrielle
    http://dailyfashiondream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your blog!

    www.lepetitejournal.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete

thanx for reading/visitting my blog
any comments? :)
xoxo

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It