Photodiary XIV - Sydney

4.5.13

And here is the second half of my Easter getaway. If you haven't seen the first half, check out the blogpost here.
The weather in Sydney was unexpectedly warm. Most of the clothes I brought were long sleeves. I even packed stockings in my daily-handbag, just in case. Obviously as you can see from the photos below, the weather was absolutely beautiful and far from what I expected. Not sure why I secretly wanted lower temperatures when the weather is perfect like this.
Luckily, I had this skirt which was originally planned for layering with stockings and socks (yes, I am a little OTT). I am still in a monochromatic phase. The pieces I choose to wear and decide to purchase nowadays, only consist of the colours of black and white, and the shades in between. There's something really cool and daring about mixing textures/prints in an outfit together. But I always have guidelines when doing this mix and match: 1. the pieces must have some common elements OR... 2. there should be an item included in the outfit that links them together. For instance, this lace top is quite subtle in both pattern and texture, the colour is very neutral and calm as well which perfectly links the tweed skirt with bold stripey jacket. So the second rule can be ticked off. The skirt and jacket both consists of only black and white, something in common between the two, which ticks box number one.
For shoes, I chose these creepers because they are super comfortable and they give me the extra height i need desperately. Those two are my shoes' criteria. And shoes have to look pretty awesome as well of course.
 photo IMG_0307_zps1e0e2fd2.jpg  photo IMG_0309_zps654286d5.jpg  photo IMG_0310_zps32cfcd99.jpg  photo IMG_0318_zpsd04b78ff.jpg  photo IMG_0338_zps5bf77c0e.jpg  photo IMG_0339_zpscdf9054f.jpg  photo IMG_0332_zps45ba3145.jpg  photo IMG_0352_zps12c65b08.jpg  photo IMG_0369_zps62672c89.jpg  photo IMG_0376_zps1acae132.jpg  photo IMG_0382_zps54d58d76.jpg
Lastly, I didn't forget to stop at Laduree and buy all of these sugar babies for myself. YES... for myself. I'm pretty sure it was 30something+ and on the second day the box was already half empty. I tried very hard to save these, but it was just so hard!  Please come to Mlebourne Laduree!

xoxo, ET

11 comments

  1. so prettyyyy~~ ^^ love the top and the jacket/coat? :D the scenery looks amazing!

    cheer, michelle
    http://livedreammagic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love everything about this outfit!
    xx Ayesha

    http://ayeshaalimfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous skirt and lovely photos at the beach :)

    www.forgetgrowingup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. in love with this post, and your whole entire blog in general.
    have a look at our latest post, we're hosting a giveaway to win double passes to Fashion Weekend Sydney!

    lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty!

    www.brenda-lu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore those sunglasses and skirt is perfect! I'm si glad you visited me on instagram because that's how I found your blog! Amazing style and you are so pretty xx

    fashionvitae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable pics girl.. Loved your outfit!
    Come visit my blog, if you follow I follow right back (:

    nasty-lady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like so much what you did here.
    @paquetevistasbi

    ReplyDelete

thanx for reading/visitting my blog
any comments? :)
xoxo

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It