Poke

30.1.13

 photo IMG_0630_zps49468ac0.jpg

 photo IMG_0634-1_zps8398f019.jpg
 photo IMG_0635_zps72e192b5.jpg
wearing: ROMWE top | NEW LOOK sequin dress (similar herehere and here) | COLETTE glitter clutch | JEFFREY CAMPBELL platforms

Lately I have been obssessing over mixing romantic girly pieces with something... dark and slightly grunge-ish. For example like the previous post , i mixed a very feminine dress with sheer detailing with some studded belt. My style has always been very feminine, with lots of vibrant colours, girly lace and florals. So compared to my style... say last year, it has slightly changed. I am liking things I usually avoid, e.g. neon and skeletons. So that's why I would classify a studded black belt "slightly grunge-ish" even though for some people it's not. And this time, I've decided to mix a t-shirt with skeleton hands poking my chest with some sequins and glitter.
Black and gold has always be such a classic colour combination, they even made it as Sam Sparro's famous song title. Gold is already a stunning colour, but pairing it with a dark background brings out the awesome-ness to the next level. The gold sequins "skirt" is actually a dress. It's a stunning dress but I don't get to wear it out a lot since it's quite formal and jazzy. So, rather than leaving it in the corner of my wardrobe and putting it to waste, i dressed it down with something very simple and casual, i.e. skeleton poking my chest t-shirt. I've never tried these combinations before, but now I am officially obsessed!

The first month of 2013 is nearing to an end. I've been stuck in Melbourne for over 6 months now. I really want to travel it's not even funny anymore. Especially after looking at photos from facebook, reading people's blogs who live in another country. I'm feeling slightly depressed that I can't travel :(
Must get out from Melbourne for at least a week. Easter holiday, I can't wait for you!

Okay, Pretty Little Liars time!

xoxo, ET

20 comments

  1. Hi..
    I love your outfit and your blog..
    i followed you =)
    follow back my blog?

    http://voguemarcelino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit this is the perfect outfit, I'm such a sucker for glitter :) LOVE the second picture.

    Michelle xx
    www.wh4reever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool look!! love the top :)

    xoxo, michelle
    http://livedreammagic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the skirt and the clutch! :D
    stunning :D

    PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm obsessed with your clutch!! so awesome <3
    anyway, you're pretty little liars fan?? if yes, omg, me either!! :))

    AllTheLusciousThings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! Maybe we could follow each other on bloglovin or GFC? Please leave me a comment or follow me and I will follow you =)

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Petit-Plastique/473640259360447

    http://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the sequins and glitter & how ou "grunged" it down!!

    xx

    freshfizzle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome outfit! The nightwalkers are incredible
    And I really feel like travelling too but I don't have the time :/ it sucks being stuck in one place

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the skirt! Have a wonderful rest of your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I need to try those shoes!!!

    www.raychoox.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning! I'm such a lover of glitter I instantly want anything that has it. Don't worry you will travel soon!
    xo
    Tiffy
    http://www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this outfit, the mix of girly and edgy is a great look. You look amazing girl! New follower here, hope you'll stop by my blog soon.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit sweety!!! I love the comninatio of thw sequined skirt with a simple t-shirt!!

    Eirini
    http://fashionreactor.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing outfit, gorgeous skirt. Love the edginess of your top too x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! Thank you for your comment on our blog. We have just visited yours and it's amazing, we love your style. What about following each other's blog? Looking forward to your answer.
    http://aliciaymartaenelpaisdelasfashionistas.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice look! Great combination
    between rock and glam c:
    Love the clutch and the shoes!
    You look lovely c:

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your blog header and your style :D

    ReplyDelete

thanx for reading/visitting my blog
any comments? :)
xoxo

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It