Homemade Feast

23.8.12

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Here are a series of self-proclaimed food photography that were taken at my birthday dinner/get-together 3 months ago. Some of these were inspired by Jamie Oliver's show "30 minute meals" that i watched over and over again (both season 1 and 2) straight after my exams were finished. 
If you've ever seen me cook then you would know that to me, the appearance of a dish is vital. So i'll try to make my food as pretty as possible. Sometimes, I even plan out a recipe based on what they look like in my head. You see, fashion and cooking has some similarities. Firstly, food also needs accessories to glam them up, like the strawberries on the pavlova or flower-shaped pastry on the banana/caramel pastry burger or those oranges/frozen berries/mint leaves in the punch. Secondly, different textures makes an outfit as well as a dish interesting. velvet/silky/leahter/lace and crunchy/soft. Thirdly, colours! I like to colour-block when it comes to food. The more they clash, the better it looks. 
Anyway, i've rambled on too much. Good news is... it's Thursday! for those of you who have a day off tomorrow, then lucky you. For those of you (like me), who still have to study/work/dowhatever tomorrow, hang in there! The weekend is near :D
xoxo, ET

16 comments

  1. that's all look so yummy :9

    http://deliasalsabila.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx delia! Hope i dont make u drool too much! :p

      Delete
  2. looks so yummy!

    eudoraeudoraa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm so delicious! *mouth watering* lovely foods!

    My Random Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. this whole post just made me REALLY hungry x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx jess! :) sorry i made u hungry :(

      Delete
  5. This looks fantastic, I'm guilty of fretting over food appearance as well haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad to know im not the only one! Hahaha. Do u love to cook as well?

      Delete
  6. Omg this look super yummmmmy! I want some of those food right now!

    Please check backtofive.blogspot.com out! You can also follow me at backtofive's twitter too!
    You have to visit Bloggers Against Social Injustice too!

    See you there! :D

    backtofive.blogspot.com
    backtofive.blogspot.com
    backtofive's twitter


    xoxo backtofive

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dear :) you have such a great blog hun! what do you think of following each other on GFC? let me know
    keep in touch


    http://thefrench-fries.blogspot.pt/

    xx

    P.S:JOIN MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment, lovely! Followed you :)
    P.S. I am so hungry now!

    whimxy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, du hast wirklich einen schönen Blog! :)
    Die Sachen sehen soo lecker aus!

    Vielleicht hast du ja Lust, mal bei mir vorbeizuschauen und bei meiner Aktion "Blog Of The Month" mitzumachen? Würde mich wahnsinnig freuen ♥

    Barbara

    http://hero--factory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thanx for reading/visitting my blog
any comments? :)
xoxo

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It