K E B A Y A

7.10.11

Photobucket
a super quick hello from me! I took these photos last week but only have the time now to post it since i've been doing my assignments/getting ready for uni again. exams are nearly here! eeeepp
Unexpectedly, when i was rummaging my mum's closet earlier this year ( i swear i always do this to her wardrobe), i found this lacey, beige/pastel yellow "kebaya". She wore it when she was my age. So for those of you who don't know kebaya, it's a traditional Indonesian attire, used for formal wear (correct me if i'm wrong). and apparently other countries like Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore also wear this. It's usually worn with a sarong or batik and it's supposed to look like this.
To incorporate this as a part of my "daily-outfit", i wore it as an cardigan/outer layer. This definitely fits into my wardrobe perfectly, the lace, the see-through material, the pattern and the colour... (swoons)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
And secondly, it looks like i was wearing another rosey wreath, but in actual fact i was just combining hair clips by The Hummingbird Road. so yeah, it's an optical illusion :) they're available for sale here. and also don't forget to check those other creations too!
Thirdly, another fashionable item i got from my mum's wardrobe: a Gucci clutch! apparently, it was her first designer bag and my dad bought it as a gift :D
wearing: The Hummingbird Road hair clips, MUM's kebaya, SPORTSGIRL top, FOREVER NEW shorts, JAPAN socks, GUCCI clutch, FRENCHTOASTbyET jewelries.
Photobucket

so my break from study is up! better get back to finishing up my assignment :(
XOXO, ET

32 comments

  1. Cute outfit! Love your cardigan!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always look so friggin' adorable! Your lace cardigan, socks and heels are perfect together x

    ReplyDelete
  3. prettttyyyy shorts <3 the outfit suits you amazingly <3

    http://onthefword.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this very cute outfit,love the shoes <3
    love your blog too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOOOOOOVE the flower crown!!!

    ♥♥♥Only 15 entries left for our HOUSE OF HARLOW GIVEAWAY HERE and then we'll be announcing our MANIA MANIA GIVEAWAY♥♥♥
    Yeeeee~eeeew!!!

    Love.
    shantikdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice outfit! You're so cute :) Mind to follow each other? ^^

    Cheers,
    Karina Dinda R. ♥
    BLOG | TWITTER | SHOP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for visiting :)
    Cutest rings! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOow AND this pictorial bunch should be tagged "With an uber pretty content of sparklingness" Dear !!! "Trendy(licious) Freshness in motion"

    à Bientôt, Antoine

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so sweet!I like your outfit:)

    Check my Blog http://alittlebitofshine.blogspot.com/
    and on-line store http://shopalittlebitofshine.blogspot.com/ !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kebaya is so cute, and so are your hair clips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohh my, you're so cute and love your outfit! have to follow you;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The whole outfit is perfect and you are really pretty ! :) Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for your comment!!
    Lovely *

    http://itsluckynumberseven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. really cute outfit! i love your rings! thanks for the comment as well! and i love your look too! (:

    xo
    daisy..

    ReplyDelete
  15. hyped!! yeah, break is finished and now back to uni-life which is suckss.... Never ending Essay, Bla bla bla and bla bla bla!

    xxoo,
    www.sccorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have such a beautiful blog and lovely, flirty style! I love it and adding you to my google reader! :)))) Can't wait to see more! Good luck with your exams!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your outfit!
    Amazing blog! Keep the good work :)

    XOXO
    http://foreverfashion-2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my blog ! :)

    I absolutely love this outfit, it's just perfectly girly. Fits you really well.

    You most recent follower,
    /U
    pug-a-licious

    ReplyDelete
  19. wonderful pictures, dear! you are so pretty!
    thank you so much for your lovely words- it means so much for me! thank you! i'm following you now, hope you'll follow me back?! if you can't see my google member box, please press F5. thanks a lot! please check out my new post, it's DIY!
    lovely greets
    maren anita

    www.fashion-meets-art.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. those roses are awesome. which i had those at festivals this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. loving your entire outfit, you look pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking beautiful! love your kebaya

    ReplyDelete
  23. Eliza, you are just the cutest! Never thought to wear kebaya as an outer!
    Definitely a new follower :)

    You're indo-melbournian? That's a new word! LOL
    we should definitely meet up when I'm down there in January next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is too cute! love this so much, and the rest of your previous whimsical outfits! Thanks for visiting my blog by the way!

    xoxo,
    www.thelushfleet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are so pretty! Love the floral wreath look on you, gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a great tip Eliza! I never thought to wear a kebaya for outerwear like a cardi, but this ctually looks good. Will definitely try it.

    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thanx for reading/visitting my blog
any comments? :)
xoxo

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It