back to school

2.3.11

I just survived a long day at uni. with 6 hours of lectures and only 1 hour break. such a draineeer! I really felt like i was back at high school, but without spoonfeeding from teachers :(
So i did a shoot relating to this!
I wore this outfit a couple of weeks back, but didn't have the chance to take any photos. Since i got compliments regarding my outfit that day *hair flicks, hehee*, i HAD to do a shoot and post it
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I purchased the dress from Zara when i went to Indonesia during the holidays, early january. Zara was... H.E.A.V.E.N! i loved everything there, nearly bought the whole shop ;P There's one opening at bourke street mall in the city (i live in Melbourne), i am super excited upon their arrival. Anyway, back to the dress.
To be honest, initially i wasnt sure whether this dress would look good on me coz i thought it looked quite average. but as soon as i tried it on... i fell in <3. it fits me perfectly and the combination of the vintage floral pattern and white collar was just too adorable. and best thing ever was that i felt slimmer than usual wearing that dress :)
Since Melbourne "summer" weather has been pretty awful lately, i mixed the dress with my mum's vintage lacey cardigan. She used to wear it when she was my age. ooh and the belt too.
Now, I am a BIG fan of vintage anything, especially when they're free and comes from my family's wardrobe. They just become extra special when i know the fact that my mum used to wear it 30something years ago.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
To complete this "school girl" look, i chose my Miu Miu mary-jane ballet flats and bobby socks. i got the shoes from Harrods, London, when i was travelling with my siblings a couple of years back. Thanks to my sister's persuasion, i finally bought them after contemplating for hours. Harrods had their xmas sale so they were at least half price :D, can't remember exactly how much they were. These shoes are really special to me coz they're my first pair of designer shoes!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And of course, if you've read my previous post: accessorize you would probably have realised by now, that i am obsessed with jewelries. I think they're more important than clothes because they complete an outfit; a plain bargain dress can look high fashion if mixed with the right accessories. This time, i am using 2 novelty rings, shaped as a tea pot and a tea cup. i bought them both from Diva for a fairly cheap price coz they were on sale! (ps: i LOVE sales)

and lastly, isn't this baby conical flask the cutest thing ever?!?!?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

xoxo

15 comments

  1. you really do have the cutest jewelry, love that dress you're wearing...SO chic!

    -thanks for the comment on my blog, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous blog dear..
    love it =)
    cute dress..u look so lovely...
    following u hun..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girl! you're so cute, followed your blog just now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the lovely comment! i love those quirky rings, especially anything to do with tea hehe. your flask reminds me of wen i was in year 9, where we had to to a science project at home, and i borrowed some mini conical flasks from school.. but never gave them back because they were sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so incredibly adorable! I really love the floral dress and the bag! All of these photos are super cute. Love your blog! And thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is adorable! I love everything, seriously! The rings are so cute!! And your miu miu flats are amazing. You looked very pretty, sweety!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how pretty are these rings! I have one of this and love it! adorable blog! tks for your comment on my blog! i'm following you, i hope you follow me back! Kisses, see you here, Alinne


    www.alinnestyle.com


    .

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely love your outfit, but WOW at the baby conical flask! it's adorable! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. nerdy glasses love!
    following u now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg seriously i love that striped jacket above - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey, thanks for visiting!

    love your outfit today, so vintage..

    www.blog-bloggers.com

    ReplyDelete

thanx for reading/visitting my blog
any comments? :)
xoxo

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It